The new H7N9 Avian Influenza is being viewed by HHS as a possible hemorrhagic bird flu, with over 70% chance of a multi-organ death and bleed out, and near 100% chance of death for adults without access to a forced air medical ventilator.
Did you get that? Near 100% chance of death without medical grade ventilator assistance for adults, coupled with major bleed out. If one doesn’t kill you, the other will.
I’ve been following POTR Blog for a long time, now. This H7N9 “possibility” for next year (with current cases in China right now) has HHS, FEMA and CDC undertaking studies and contract requests for a previously un-attempted buy-up of major medical supplies and the prepositioning of medical teams and assets, some at a 48 hour notice.
This video from POTRBlog today though, revs up the game.
“What does the government do when it is expecting a massive Hemorrhagic H7N9 Avian Influenza pandemic and simultaneously expects a pandemic related national blood shortage??? Well, they award Cellphire a $57 million dollar cost plus contract for Thrombosomes.”
The award of this contract is a serious piece of news. It further bolsters the case for a strong pre-pandemic campaign to secure the States against the flu. It also means that creative preparations are laced within the tests, solicitations for performance and general plans to beat this thing before it gets a real start. (It also adds credibility to the thought that it all might go south in one huge domino failure.)
Hemorrhagic fevers and related diseases create multiple bleeds within their victims, and these lesions are most deadly when internal. Platelets, our body’s blood clotting soldiers, are prevvented from working, destroyed outright, or overburdened with attempts to stop bleeding within critical organs. These hemorrhages can not be stopped by the application of topical pressure. They can not be stopped with items like Celox and QuickClot, either. There are simply too many sites to treat, too small to handle and no way to reach them. Cellphire’s Thrombosome fix my be the cat’s meow. We can hope. Not only might it be a life saver in the fight to stop H7N9, but it may work for others such as Ebola.
Good news? Considering it is experimental, who knows? But I’d hazard a guess that someone watching his family’s life sough away from various sores and body openings would gladly give it a chance.
Be sure to check out the links at the bottom of the article at POTRBlog. Near 100% of his notices of this sort are backed by links to source documents.
Here is a list of some POTRBlog article titles, to give you some idea of how doggedly he is tracking this thing. You’ll be amazed at the source documents he pulls from government and commercial sites (mostly gov, though).
From June 2013 to current day.
- Survivability Analysis of INFLUENZA vs Portable UVC Air Purifiers and Home HEPA Air Filters
- CDC Awards 2.79 Million DOSE Order For Radiation Sickness Treatment from AMGEN. (works on FLU too)
- [FEMA] 48 Hour Delivery Order: 100,000 “Doctor Scrubs”; 1000 (100 Person) Shelters; + Fuel, Showers, Bathrooms, and Hygine Equipment; Apparent Mobilization of the National Disaster Medical System
- ALERT! Government Mobilizing For Massive Medical Event. 100,000 People in 48 hours “Armageddon Scenario”
- UNUSUAL URGENT ACTIVITY: CDC Readies MULTIPLE Medical Stations & EMERGENCY Stockpile Supply Deliveries to the Pacific Rim
- [ALERT!] ALL 300 Million American Citizens WILL Be Given TWO Experimental Adjuvant Laced H7N9 Vaccinations!
- Chinese H7N9 Feces Find Facilitates US NAVY Funding In 8,000 Person Peruvian Pandemic Poop Patrol Plan
- FEMA readying 6 MILLION “autoclavable” cotton BLANKETS for emergency distribution
- CDC Requiring Face-Seals On ALL Approved Masks And Points To H7N9; Shortages Imminent!
- [Breaking] “TO INFORM RUMOUR CONTROL” Government Tracking Lung Ventilator Usage Nationwide
- [No Hospital For YOU!] CDC Call Center NURSES to Diagnose Bird Flu and Prescribe Medications Over The Phone
- Kiss Your Free Range Poultry Goodbye! USDA Ordering 12 “Mobile Modified Atmosphere Killing (MAK) Trailers”
- [MEGA FERRET DEATH] The CDC Gets Vanderbilt’s Help On Why Masks Aren’t Stopping Airborne H7N9
- [H7N9 TRIAGE PANIC] CDC Contracting With Poison Control Centers and 2-1-1 to Create Public ‘Phone-In’ Bird Flu Triage Centers
- H7N9 BirdFlu Defeating Current Mask Technology, FEDs making ‘Urgent Preparations’
- BIRD FLU: US Government quietly orders 600 Million syringes stockpiled in 10 Cities
- Alert: H7N9 National Vaccine Advisory Committee Meeting Details
Additional personal prepping note:
In an earlier article, POTRBlog discussed the efficiency of a few types of devices at limiting the presence of virus particles within a home. We are considering using his information and purchasing one of these Swordfish 1800RM UV-C sterilizers. Not only for deadly virus attenuation, but for general purification of the air in our home. In conjunction with a good HEPA filtering system, we feel we can rid ourselves of most of the garbage that builds up and concentrates in our air.
We can get a two-fer out of that purchase, in that the device is usable in regular times, and for truly serious biological events. The Swordfish appears to be a 100% first-pass kill for viruses, and pretty darned good at wiping out mold spores within two passes. I am of the mind that most of the “bad days” we experience are due to our life styles. Not enough freash air and too much of the “normal” air loaded with minor respiratory annoyances, which gang together to put us down.